Our mission is to train experts through a multidisciplinary graduate program and develop new and high technologies based on nanoscience to strengthen the competitiveness of Turkish products in international markets and hence to contribute to the improvement of living standards in Turkey. To this end,
- UNAM, being a national research facility and a center of excellence in nanotechnology, carries out professional research targeting to develop new technologies or prototypes.
- UNAM announces project calls to partner institutions to do joint R&D on current problems of the industry.
- UNAM trains technique personnel, researchers and experts through courses and the graduate program in Materials Science and Nanotechnology.
- UNAM creates a platform for the exchange of know-how and joint work with Turkish scientists abroad.
- UNAM develops management information and laboratory safety systems to be used also in similar research centers.
- UNAM organizes regional and national workshop and conferences
- UNAM frequently takes parts in preparation of TV and radio programs, scientific magazines and newspapers for public education about nanoscience and nanotechnology.